Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome to Art I

Monday, Jan. 25

This blog is going to be our little class experiment. It has been created so that daily (hopefully!) I, or a student, can post what we have been working on in class that day. I hope it will be a way that you as parents can stay constantly informed about the daily learning of your child.

For example, today we spent the first few minutes of class introducing ourselves to each other. Next, I let the students know my classroom rules, procedures, and expectations. Then, I gave them their first monthly newsletter. You should see one of these Art I Newletters coming home each month. The newsletter will give you some information about the famous artist we have been studying that month as well as a brief discription and examples of some of the projects we have been working on both in and out of class. Please sign the newletter and send it back to class with your son/daughter, so that he/she can recieve her free homework pass. I am sure the students will find these homework passes will come in handy at some point in the semester. Finally, toward the end of class, I gave the students their first art project- to make a work of art out of three sheets of paper using only a glue stick and scissors. I can't wait to see what interesting designs the students will come up with. This project is due when they walk in the door to my class on Tuesday.

Become a follower of this blog by clicking on the link on the left. If you are a parent of one of my students, your son/daughter will get extra credit when you sign-up as a follower!

No comments:

Post a Comment