Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We have been so busy in class I have not had a moment to snap a photo of the students painting. Today we labeled our color wheel, just to make sure my students are learning all that I think that they are. :) Then we reviewed our notes on color with a PowerPoint presentation. The students love the slide about afterimage. Check out Jasper John's green, black and yellow American flag to learn more.

Then we learned to mix paint to create the blue value scale in paint.

Finally we started painting our monochromatic section on our paint project. Monochromatic means one color plus black and white. Sounds boring but the students were amazed at how many colors they were able to create.

HOMEWORK:
1. Draw a contour line drawing (due Friday)
2. Signed Sept Newsletter
3. Signed Raleigh permission slip
4. $10 for Raleigh fieldtrip

If you have questions about the homework, send me an email. I'll be sure to snap some photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment